- ACCE in ACTION
- Malled by Westfield: Report
- Making Oakland a Model for Financial Responsibility
- Report: Wall Street's Attack on Main Street in Riverside & LA (6/2012)
- Report: "Pulling Back the Curtain: The 1% Behind the 2011 Bonuses (1/12)
- Cost of Cuts in CA (1/2012)
- Report: Wall Street Banks and the Growing Housing Crisis (Dec 2011)
- The Wall Street Wrecking Ball: What Foreclosures are Costing our Neighborhoods (Sept 2011)
- Foreclosure: The Cost Communities Pay in SD (July 2011)
- All the Foreclosures Money Can Buy (April 2011)
- Wall Street Homewreckers (March 2011)
- The Win-Win Solution: How Fixing The Housing Crisis Will Create One Million Jobs (8/2011)
ACCE Launches New Richmond Health Initiative
19 August 2011
Clinic patients and other community members are working together to understand local and regional health care policies and the role of local clinics and organizing for improved health care in Richmond and West Contra Costa County. On Tuesday, August 9th, 35 patients, community members, and health care practitioners came together to discuss concerns related to health care and joining together to impact local health care policy and programs so that they work for everybody.
The 5 workshop series is providing training and leadership devleopment on working together to provide community health education, building a group to organize for changes, and advocating for those changes and changes to other healthcare policies that impact them.
JOIN US for Workshop 2, which focuses on how patients and community members can help to address health issues in the community through communtiy health education.
The Workshop Series:
1. Tuesday, Aug 9th (6pm-8pm): Community Organizing 101
2. Tuesday, Aug 23rd (6pm-8pm): Health Education
3. Tuesday, Sept 13th (6pm-8pm): Building a Group
4. Tuesday, Sept 29th (6pm-8pm): Advocacy 101
5. Tuesday, Oct 4th (6pm-8pm): Building Power for Change
Workshops are being held at the Nevin Community Center, 598 Nevin Ave. Richmond
This initiative is a collaborative project of the Brookside Community Health Clinic, The Community Clinic Consortium, and the Alliance of Californians for Community Empowerment (ACCE).
This project is part of the Healthy Richmond Initiative, an effort funded by The California Endowment ~ Our Community Working Together
Please RSVP for workshop participation to email@example.com
Contact: John Adams 510.866.5032
Dinner, translation, and childcare provided.